Atlanta Area Property and Management is a pet friendly company. However, some of our property owners do not allow pets or have restrictions on the type and size of pets allowed. These restrictions and/or exclusions are above and beyond the decisions we make.
We reserve the right to change these policies and requirements at any time without notice.
Our insurance does not permit vicious breeds of dogs, including, but not limited to: Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Presa Canario, Shar-pei, some terriors and Wolf Hybrids or pets that are known to have previously bitten someone. All other dog breeds not listed and cats will be considered on a case by case basis. In addition, no exotic, endangered or illegal animals are permitted. No ferrets or dangerous snakes are permitted. All pet reptiles, amphibians, rodents and birds must be caged. There is a limit of 2 pets. Landlord will make the final determination as to the breed or classification of any animal.
You must complete a pet screening. Click on the button:
If a pet is allowed on the premises, the following fees and conditions may apply:
1) Prior to moving in or obtaining a new pet, Tenant must provide in writing their desire to obtain a pet. You will be required to complete a PET SCREENING. A Pet Agreement must be signed and returned after the PET SCREENING is completed.
2) In most cases, pets must weigh under 25 pounds and there is a limit of 2 pets. Pets must be at least 1 year old. Some owners permit larger pets and special permission will be obtained from the owner in these cases.
3) There is a monthly Pet Rent of $50 per pet per month (may be more for larger dogs) and an additional security deposit of $300 that will be kept in escrow. Pets over 25 pounds will be charged $75 per month. Some owners may require an additional security deposit for larger pets.
4) There is a $100 non-refundable Pet administrative fee.
5) No vicious breeds or exotic, endangered or illegal animals are permitted.
6) The pet agreement is only for the specific pet described in the Agreement. Tenant agrees to not harbor, substitute, or “pet-sit” any other pet on the premises, and will remove all offspring of the pet within 60 days of birth. Any animal found on the premises other than the pet specified above will be considered a stray and removed at the Tenant’s expense.
7) Pet must wear identification tag whenever pet is outside of the unit. Pet shall be under the Tenant’s control on a leash and not left unattended when it is outside the Tenant’s unit. Pets are not allowed to run free.
8) Tenant agrees to immediately clean up after the pet, both inside and outside the unit, and to dispose of pet waste promptly in conformance with the appropriate statutes. Pet waste is to be picked up and properly disposed of on a daily basis.
9) Tenant shall not leave food or water for the pet outside the premises where it may attract pests or other animals.
10) Tenant will comply with all HOA and municipal bylaws regarding pets. Tenant agrees to abide by all local, city, or province ordinances, licensing, and health requirements regarding pets, including vaccinations. Tenant agrees to abide by the current Lease Agreement regarding pets.
11) The pet shall not cause any sort of nuisance or disturbance to neighbors. Noise, day or night, must not disturb others. Tenant agrees to take necessary steps to keep the pet from making noise that would cause an annoyance to others. Complaints by neighbors or other tenants made to the Tenant, the Owner, the Property Manager or the Authorities will immediately be remedied by the Tenant.
12) Tenant shall agree to be held completely and totally responsible and liable for any and all damages or harm to any property or persons. Tenant agrees to immediately pay for any damage, loss, or expense caused by the pet. Payment not made for such damage or expense will be considered additional rent due and shall be paid at the next rent due date. Landlord will not be held liable or responsible for any damages, harm or injury caused to property or persons, nor responsible for any costs associated with any damages or injury.
13) Failure to comply with the terms of this addendum shall give the Landlord the right to revoke permission to keep the pet and is grounds for immediate termination of the rental agreement. Tenant is subject to any penalties regarding early termination or dispossessory in the lease agreement.
Other terms may be listed in the Pet Agreement and shall apply.